Monday 23 February 2009

Drenched



'I believe in the Church' continued, as we celebrated our 5th birthday with a baptism. What a party! I'd say my favourite service at the Vineyard has to be baptism's. People telling THEIR STORY, "a person with an experience is never at the mercy of a person with an argument".

It's a powerful moment when people tell their story of how God has changed their life and how He continues to show up in their everyday ordinary life. Sometimes when I feel tired and stuck on this journey of Church planting, the one thing that propels me forward is life change. I confess I'm an addict, I can't live with out it, I crave it; seeing God change life's.

Michelle and I got to baptise our two boys yesterday, I was so proud of them. They came up front during our morning celebration with the others who were being baptised. Each person tells their story. Micah (aged 9) did a great job explaining the theology of water baptism. "Jesus did it so I want to do it too".



You know what? "I believe in the Church"

2 comments:

brechud said...

Hey J, Sunday was incredible! You are right about people sharing their stories. It's one of the most convincing ways I know of giving God what is due Him, which is honor and praise for life change. I can honestly say it's my story too. And I wanted to thank you and Michelle for all of the hard work you have put into the church since it's beginning. I hope you felt truly rewarded on Sunday!

ylmurph said...

this is great stuff - just the best. Very cool man