Monday 26 May 2008

The Will of the Father

When Chelle & I dreamed about planting a Church we did a 5 year plan thing, not very detailed at all but one of my dreams was to have have everyone who connects with the Vineyard, understand the Kingdom and do the works of Jesus. So this series  everyone which we are currently on is the reality of that dream.

Rom 12: 1- 2

Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God—this is your spiritual act of worship. Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

Did you know that It’s natural for a Christ follower to be frustrated when they don’t see the impossible become possible. It’s unnatural for the follower of Jesus Christ not to have an appetite for the impossible.

I think what keeps many followers of Christ and in fact people in general stuck in the moment is this Big question, what on earth I’m here for or what I’m I here on earth for? I meet followers of Christ frustrated, stuck wanting to know what’s God’s will for my life all the time. Have you been there, are you there?

 Again the problem is that so many people get stuck in finding God’s will, we use it as a cliché in Christian language but it’s fuzzy and muddled for so many people. You read Rom 12: 1 -2 and think how do I find this good, perfect pleasing will?

 The will of God is a lot simpler and clearer than we imagine. Jesus said in Matt 

This, then, is how you should pray:  " 'Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come, your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.

We have been called to do one thing – The will of the Father.

Everyone born of the Spirit of God is called to that one ultimate task and everyone can do it. You and I have to do it now. We have the present day ministry of Jesus to perform, you have been given power through the Holy Spirit to work the works of Jesus.

What's your purpose on earth?

What does that look like?

I'd love to read your thoughts on this.

No comments: