Wednesday 22 April 2009

Making space for another

Like water spilled on the ground, which cannot be recovered, so we must die. But God does not take away life; instead, he devises ways so that a banished person (lost) may not remain estranged from him (2 Sam 14:14)
This text reminds me of my mortality; I’m awakened to serve my generation to live deliberately, to get aggressive with the temptation to be apathetic which desires to steal my soul.

In this text I see the God of mercy, sweet mercy, I see His character, God is good, He’s not bent on destroying people but He is creatively coming up with ways to bring the nadach (Hebrew) lost back to himself.
God is coming up with different ways of bringing the lost back to himself. We need to get in on them, lift our eyes to see white fields.

God is doing something unique here at the Vineyard in Dungannon
“Our job like experienced surfers is to recognize a wave of God’s spirit and to ride it. It is not our responsibility to make waves but to recognize how God is working in the world and endeavour to join Him”. Rick Warren

I can’t live without seeing life change and no Church will live without lives being changed. We are not called to survive history but to serve humanity. I love Starbucks, well I love the Starbucks experience and if you’ve been in that experience you might have noticed a statement on the wall ‘Starbucks changing the world one cup at a time’; I love their passion, I’d love us to have a passion that changes the world one soul at a time. Let me warn you that just like the caffeine there is an addiction when you start to see the few and the ones and two’s come to know Christ.

We need to make room for them when they come and so on May 10th we will be adding another service. Our new service will be 10am and then we will have another service at 11.40am. Both will be identical and offer the same children's programs.

It's harvest time!

No comments: