Tuesday 8 May 2007

Live by faith

I haven't blogged for a couple of weeks; its good to be back. I'm just back from LA where I was at a conference called origins hosted by Mosaic Church. It was a great week and I made some good friendships but I was also taken back to the beginning.

It's kind of scary how quickly we can become so domesticated(playing safe)as followers of Jesus Christ. I was reissued with the question 'why do we exist'? the Church that is. It's more important to know what we care about than what we believe, you see you can believe without caring and you can believe without risking. There is all the difference in the world between someone who believes and someone who lives by faith.

Back to the beginning, why do we exist? Mission is why the Church exists! That statement could be said this way 'the church is where people come to find hope, healing, to live a life that is truly life, to dream big, to join in the adventure of their life with a God who hears, answers and speaks.

It's not enough to believe, I must live by faith, risk, put it all on the line because mission is why the church exists. Hey Vineyard and friends would you live by faith to bring hope to a world that longs for meaning?

No comments: